Licensed Mental Health Professional (ACT Team)
We are seeking a LCSW/LPC to provide individual counseling services to ACT Team clients. May require assessment or reassessment of new and active clients.
● Master or Doctorate Degree in social service field
● Advanced clinical license for independent practice (LCSW or LPC) in good standing
● No restrictions or adverse actions that would disqualify for Medicaid or other billing
● Be over 18 years of age
● Possess a valid driver’s license or Louisiana State ID
● Communicates respectfully and effectively and establishes professional relationships through active
listening and demonstration of empathy and positive regard.
● Promotes recovery, independence, and personal choice for participants.
● Assists clients in identifying strengths, needs, and realistic goals to develop a service plan.
● Accurately identifies risk and responds appropriately, and provides consultation to peers regarding
high-risk situations and appropriate interventions.
● Effectively teaches social skills and household management skills.
● Demonstrates advanced knowledge of behavioral health symptoms, diagnoses, interventions, and
● Maintains professional boundaries and operates within agency / ethical guidelines.
● Knowledge of agency and community resources and referral processes.
Job Duties/Skills Required
● Participate on an evidence-based multi-disciplinary team
● Develop the understanding of Assertive Community Treatment service provisions
● Completes comprehensive psycho-social assessments that comply with accreditation standards and
meet requirements and format for reimbursement / billing.
● Provides appropriate, evidence-based therapeutic services based upon comprehensive assessments
of clients’ strengths, abilities, needs, and preferences.
● Provides supportive services for clients and arranges for the provision of services from community
resources based on the service plan.
● Coordinates and ensures proper authorizations for services as necessary.
● Coordinates ongoing service plan development and revision with clients to develop service plans
that meet accreditation requirements.
● Completes accurate clinical documentation according to policy and as needed to ensure
reimbursement for services.
● Performs regular evidence based practice activities to assist clients with basic needs, referrals,
service coordination, and skills training as necessary.
● Collects and analyzes data determining service efficacy, client needs, and program /staffing needs
and provides reports to program director or administration as directed.
● Attends supervision, program, and agency-wide meetings as indicated.
● May assist with clinical consultation, clinical review, or auditing of clinical records.
● Conduct self with a manner of professionalism that is conducive to recovery from mental illness and
overall well being.
● Ascertains resources outside of the agency when necessary to meet clients’ specific needs.
● Maintains a clear driving record in order to drive company vehicles when needed for client care.
● Attends and participates in daily, weekly, and monthly staff meetings.
● Assists Program Director with complex, additional duties, oversight or specific functions, or serving
as lead role to the other team members when needed.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance, Vision insurance, Dental insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, 14 Paid Holidays per year for regular full time staff, Disability insurance, 401(k), 401(k) matching
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people who are impaired in their abilities to live and function independently.