Mental Health Therapist (Youth Services)
Do you have a passion for working with children and families? Start Corporation is looking for compassionate, dedicated therapists who want to empower youth and families by creating strength-based change that will be sustained long after treatment ends.
You will receive ongoing training in the Multisystemic Therapy (MST) or Homebuilders model as you work with families, youth, their communities, and other key members of their ecology to implement the designated model.
● Bachelor Degree in social services (Social Work, Psychology, Sociology etc.)
● Masters Degree in social services (Social Work, Psychology, Sociology etc.)
● At least 2 years’ experience in social services
The salary advancement track is as follows:
● Bachelors level - starting at $43,000
● Masters level - starting at $50,000
● Effectively demonstrate the understanding and practice of Evidence Based Models
● Communicate respectfully and effectively and establishes professional relationships
● Promotes recovery, independence, and personal choice for participants.
● Assists participants in identifying strengths, needs, and realistic goals to develop a service plan.
● Accurately identifies risk and responds appropriately.
● Demonstrates advanced knowledge of behavioral health symptoms, interventions, and impact.
● Maintains professional boundaries and operates within agency /ethical guidelines.
● Knowledge of agency and community resources and referral processes.
Job Duties/Skills Required
● Complete mandatory training and consultation of Evidence Based Model
● Ensure service delivery is consistent with Evidence Based Model
● Schedule and maintain a flexible workweek to meet the needs of client families, therapists and other job responsibilities.
● Participate in weekly consultation and supervision
● Provide services while maintaining fidelity to Evidence Based Model.
● Promote the agency/program within the community.
● Meet guidelines for submission of notes into the EHR
● Receive referrals 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Ensure client intake sessions occur within 24 hours of referral. (Homebuilders Only)
● Commitment to the Evidence Based Model
● Data entry into agencies EHR and Evidence Based Model’s systems
● Ability to work with diverse individuals/populations
● Ability to exercise discretion and maintain client and employee confidentiality.
● Effective verbal and written communication skills.
● Requires working flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
● Work is performed in an office environment, the community and client homes.
● Requires extensive travel to client homes and throughout the community.
● Involves exposure to tobacco smoke, domestic animals, household pests, and other conditions common to domestic environments.
● Provide at least 60 units of billable services per week (FFT) 80 units for Homebuilders depending on case load.
Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off, 14 paid holidays per year for regular full time staff, 401(k), and 401(k) matching.
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people to empower them to live and function independently.