Housing Navigator (NOLA Relocation Project)
We are looking for Housing Navigator to assist with housing search and provide case management services for individuals who have been displaced from their current living situation.
● High School Diploma or GED
● Be over 18 years of age. Possess a valid driver’s license
● One year experience with housing/ homeless population
● Communicates respectfully and effectively and establishes professional relationships through
active listening and demonstration of empathy and positive regard.
● Promotes recovery, independence, and personal choice for participants.
● Assists participants in identifying strengths, needs, and realistic goals to develop a treatment plan.
● Accurately identifies risk and responds appropriately.
● Effectively teaches social skills and household management skills.
● Demonstrates knowledge of behavioral health symptoms, interventions, and impact.
● Maintains professional boundaries and operates within agency / ethical guidelines.
● Knowledge of agency and community resources and referral processes
Job Duties/Skills Required
Participates in setting housing plan goals/objectives.
● Interviews participant and/or families and completes assessments
● Performs regular case maintenance activities including documenting actions, making narrative
entries, preparing necessary reports and/or social summaries, etc.
Supports and encourages landlord recruitment and retention. Actively seeks new landlords to
provide fair and affordable housing opportunities to clients.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance, Vision insurance, Dental insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, 14 Paid Holidays per year for regular full time staff, Disability insurance, 401(k), 401(k) matching.
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people who are impaired in their abilities to live and function independently.