Housing Specialist (ACT Team)
Work as ACT Team member, specializing in providing housing support services with the PSH and PHH housing vouchers, and assist clients in maintaining housing once obtained. Additional tasks in coordination with other team specialists to be determined daily on case by case basis.
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- One year experience with homeless population and housing experience
- Communicates respectfully and effectively and establishes professional relationships through active listening and demonstration of empathy and positive regard.
- Promotes recovery, independence, and personal choice for participants.
- Assists clients in identifying strengths, needs, and realistic goals to develop a treatment plan.
- Accurately identifies risk and responds appropriately.
- Effectively teaches social skills and household management skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of behavioral health symptoms, interventions, and impact.
- Maintains professional boundaries and operates within agency / ethical guidelines.
- Knowledge of agency and community resources and referral processes.
Job Duties/Skills Required
● Maintains professional and ethical standards of conduct at all times.
● Promotes recovery, personal choice, and respect.
● Participates in setting treatment plan goals/objectives. Completes treatment plans with clients.
● Interviews clients and/or families and completes assessments and other clinical documentation.
● Works as part of a transdisciplinary team and completes required documentation on all client services including data entry into required data systems. Ensures that clinical documentation and client files meet all applicable standards for licensing, accreditation, or other regulatory agencies.
● Performs regular case maintenance activities including documenting actions, making narrative entries, preparing necessary reports and/or social summaries, etc.
● Consults with facility personnel and administrative field personnel; collects and analyzes data to identify needs for the assigned special services program within the particular service area.
● Effectively utilizes community resources by providing appropriate referrals and linkages.
● Maintains a clear driving record in order to be able to drive company vehicles to provide
transportation to clients.
● Attends ACT team’s daily morning meetings, monthly staff meetings and bi-monthly supervision.
● Assists with obtaining and maintaining more stable housing.
● Provides supportive services to increase skills for housing maintenance, community integration and performance measurements with focus on HMIS specific measurements on the Baton Rouge, La. ACT Team/ PHH Grant.
● Supports and encourages landlord recruitment and retention. Actively seeks new landlords to provide fair and affordable housing opportunities to clients.
Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off, 14 paid holidays per year for regular full time staff, 401(k), and 401(k) matching.
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people to empower them to live and function independently.