Are you ready to make an impact in your community? Do you love interacting with people and providing guidance? Well, come join our team at Start Corporation. We are looking for a Recovery Coach to work with individuals with substance use issues to provide resources and enhance participant self empowerment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least two years of substance use and mental health experience preferred.
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid driver’s license - Personal experience with substance use recovery is preferred.
- Communicates respectfully and effectively and establishes professional relationships through active listening and demonstration of empathy and positive regard.
- Promotes recovery, independence, and personal choice for participants.
- Assists clients in identifying strengths, needs, and realistic goals to develop a service plan.
- Accurately identifies risk and responds appropriately.
- Effectively teaches social skills and household management skills.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of behavioral health symptoms, interventions, and impact.
- Maintains professional boundaries and operates within agency / ethical guidelines.
- Knowledge of agency and community resources and referral processes.
Job Duties/Skills Required
- Models recovery-oriented thinking and behavior.
- Assist peers in skill building, goal setting, problem solving, conducting Recovery Dialogues.
- Help peers build self-directed recovery tools which includes supporting peers in developing a Recovery Action Plan that has recovery goals and specific steps to obtain to reach those goals.
- Maintains a caseload of clients in need of specific social services. Conducts themselves with a manner of professionalism that is conducive to recovery from mental illness and overall wellness.
- Provides supportive services for clients and arranges for the provision of services from community resources based on the case plan.
- Completes case logs on all client services and insures that logs are entered into the electronic data management system of the program they are employed by.
- Performs regular case maintenance activities including documenting actions, making narrative entries, preparing necessary reports and/or social summaries, etc.
- Consults with facility personnel and administrative field personnel; collects and analyzes data to identify needs for the assigned special services program within the particular service area.
- Ascertains resources outside of Start when necessary to meet client’s specific needs.
- Completes community outreach to engage providers and stakeholders who work with the identified population.
- Helps to collect and maintain a Resource Directory.
- Maintains a clear driving record in order to be able to drive company vehicles to provide transportation to clients.
Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off, 14 paid holidays per year for regular full time staff, 401(k), and 401(k) matching.
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people to empower them to live and function independently.