Diversion Specialist (LBS)
Provide problem solving and rapid resolution techniques to individuals who are at risk of or experiencing recent homelessness to help prevent homelessness or make the homeless experience as short as possible.
● Must be 18 years of age or older
● Bachelor Degree in social services or related field
● Mental health experience preferred
● Community resources knowledge preferred
● Communicates respectfully and effectively and establishes professional relationships through active
listening and demonstration of empathy and positive regard.
● Promotes recovery, independence, and personal choice for participants.
● Assists guests in identifying strengths, needs, and realistic goals.
● Accurately identifies risk and responds appropriately.
● Effectively teaches social skills and household management skills.
● Demonstrates knowledge of behavioral health symptoms.
● Maintains professional boundaries and operates within agency / ethical guidelines.
● Knowledge of agency and community resources and referral processes.
Job Duties/Skills Required
● Practice an understanding of Housing First and Rapid Resolution techniques
● Identify guests who would benefit from rapid resolution/ diversion assessment
● Engage with guests to problem solve barriers to housing
● Provide time-sensitive rapid resolution interventions to move guests from homelessness to housing
● Assure that all reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner, i.e. progress notes, vehicle
log, vehicle maintenance log, time sheets, inventories, etc.
● Maintain appropriate knowledge of behavioral health disorders, symptoms, treatments, and
methods of coping with symptoms.
● Maintain knowledge and documentation of each guest’s housing, medical, social, and behavioral
needs as well as services, medications, responses to services, and contact information for all
● Educate guests on community resources and provide referrals
● Coordinate with community resources and services that are on the guests’ housing plans.
● Monitor the implementation of rapid resolution interventions
● Handle a small budget to assist with monetary needs when applicable.
● Follow up post-intervention for coordination of care
● Document the guests’ progress and maintain clinical record in accordance with all licensing and
accreditation requirements and the guests’ individual housing plans.
Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off, 14 paid holidays per year for regular full time staff, 401(k), and 401(k) matching.
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people to empower them to live and function independently.