Peer Support Specialist (ACT Team)
Seeking certified Peer Support Specialist to provide direct services as identified by the ACT Team model.
● High School Diploma or GED and personal experience with behavioral health recovery.
● Personal experience of being homeless preferred
● Communicates respectfully and effectively and establishes professional relationships through active listening and demonstration of empathy and positive regard.
● Promotes recovery, independence, and personal choice for participants.
● Assists clients in identifying strengths, needs, and realistic goals to develop a service plan.
● Accurately identifies risk and responds appropriately.
● Effectively teaches social skills and household management skills.
● Demonstrates basic knowledge of behavioral health symptoms, interveions, and impact.
● Maintains professional boundaries and operates within agency / ethical guidelines.
● Knowledge of agency and community resources and referral processes.
Job Duties/Skills Required
● Models recovery-oriented thinking and behavior.
● Assist peers in skill building, goal setting, problem solving, conducting Recovery Dialogues.
● Set up and sustain mutual self-help groups.
● Help peers build their own self-directed recovery tools which includes supporting peers in developing a Recovery Action Plan that has their recovery goals and specific steps to obtain to reach those goals.
● Attends a monthly meeting for all Certified Peer Support Specialists.
● Adheres to the Certified Peer Support Specialists Code of Ethics.
● Complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and keeps all information confidential.
● Interviews clients, families, etc. and completes assessments and other clinical documentation.
● Completes case logs on all client services and ensures that logs are entered into the electronic data management system of the program they are employed by.
● Maintains a clear driving record in order to be able to drive company vehicles to provide transportation to clients.
● Attends weekly and/or monthly staff meetings.
● Provides and submits at least 24 hours (96 units) of reimbursable services per week.
Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off, 14 paid holidays per year for regular full time staff, 401(k), and 401(k) matching.
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people to empower them to live and function independently.