Community Support Specialist (Homeless Prevention/Rapid Rehousing
We are looking for a Community Support Specialist for our Rapid Rehousing Team.
Be over 18 years of age.
Possess a valid driver’s license
Personal experience of being homeless preferred
· Communicates respectfully and effectively and establishes professional relationships through active listening and demonstration of empathy and positive regard.
· Promotes recovery, independence, and personal choice for participants.
· Assists clients in identifying strengths, needs, and realistic goals to develop a service plan.
· Accurately identifies risk and responds appropriately.
· Effectively teaches social skills and household management skills.
· Demonstrates knowledge of behavioral health symptoms, interventions, and impact.
· Maintains professional boundaries and operates within agency / ethical guidelines.
· Knowledge of agency and community resources and referral processes.
Job Duties/Skills Required
Promotes recovery, personal choice, and respect.
Provides case management and supportive services (social skills, life skills, acquisition of benefits, community resource utilization, job search and placement, coping skills, money management) for clients and arranges for the provision of services from community resources based on the case plan.
Participates in setting case plan goals/objectives.
Completes case plans with clients.
Interviews clients and/or families and completes assessments and other clinical documentation.
Completes case logs and required documentation on all client services including data entry into required data systems.
Ensures that clinical documentation and client files meet all applicable standards for licensing, accreditation, or other regulatory agencies.
Performs regular case maintenance activities including documenting actions, making narrative entries, preparing necessary reports and/or social summaries, etc.
Consults with facility personnel and administrative field personnel; collects and analyzes data to identify needs for the assigned special services program within the particular service area.
Effectively utilizes community resources by providing appropriate referrals and linkages.
Maintains a clear driving record in order to be able to drive company vehicles to provide transportation to clients.
Attends weekly and/or monthly staff meetings.
Supports and encourages landlord recruitment and retention.
Actively seeks new landlords to provide fair and affordable housing opportunities to clients.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance, Vision insurance, Dental insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, 14 Paid Holidays per year for regular full time staff, Disability insurance, 401(k), 401(k) matching
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people who are impaired in their abilities to live and function independently.