Medical Assistant needed for primary care and behavioral health. Duties will include triage, medication administration, and assisting with medical tests and procedures. We are looking for a team player with initiative, a positive attitude, and an eye for detail.
● Be over 18 years of age.
● Possess a valid driver’s license
● Current CPR certification and medical assistant certificate
● Prior experience preferred
● Provides primary and behavioral health care to clients of Start’s Health Care Center according to the scope of certification.
● Administer and monitor medications to clients of Start’s Health Care Center at the clinic and in the community.
● Communicates respectfully and effectively and establishes professional relationships through active listening and demonstration of empathy and positive regard.
● Promotes recovery, independence, and personal choice for participants.
● Assists clients in identifying strengths, needs, and realistic goals to develop a treatment plan.
● Accurately identifies risk and responds appropriately, and provides consultation to peers regarding high-risk situations and appropriate interventions.
● Demonstrates advanced knowledge of primary and behavioral health symptoms, diagnoses, interventions, and impact.
● Maintains professional boundaries and operates within agency / ethical guidelines.
● Knowledge of agency and community resources and referral processes.
Job Duties/Skills Required
● Maintains set clinic hours.
● Ability to relate to the public, regardless of racial ethnic and economic status.
● Conducts themselves with a manner of professionalism that is conducive to patient care in an organized and efficient manner.
● Provide nursing care within scope of practice that is patient centered and individualized and utilizes the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating.
● Draw and obtain laboratory specimens for appropriate testing.
● Participates in setting treatment plan goals/objectives.
● Communicate effectively with clinic staff, patients, and families.
● Enters information into an Electronic Health Record on all client services in a timely manner.
● Consults with facility personnel and administrative field personnel; collects and analyzes data to identify needs for the assigned special services program within the particular service area.
● Ascertains resources outside of Start when necessary to meet client’s specific needs.
● Maintains a clear driving record in order to be able to drive company vehicles when necessary for transportation needs of those we serve.
● Attends weekly and/or monthly staff meetings.
● May assist with clinical consultation, clinical review, or auditing of clinical records.
● Provides direct clinical services using approved interventions and completing necessary
documentation to receive payment from insurance companies, Medicaid, Medicare, etc.
● Any other duties or responsibilities that the clinical staff may assign from time to time and when the need arises.
Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off, 13 paid holidays per year for regular full time staff, 401(k), and 401(k) matching.
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people to empower them to live and function independently.