Peer Support Specialist
Seeking a certified Peer Support Specialist for Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Team. This is a community based position. The Peer Support Specialist will utilize personal experience to work with clients towards their goals.
● High School Diploma or GED and at least two years of behavioral health experience.
● Certification as a Peer Support Specialist.
● Be over 18 years of age.
● Personal experience of being homeless preferred
● Possess a valid driver’s license.
● Communicates respectfully and effectively and establishes professional relationships through active
listening and demonstration of empathy and positive regard.
● Promotes recovery, independence, and personal choice for participants.
● Assists clients in identifying strengths, needs, and realistic goals to develop a service plan.
● Accurately identifies risk and responds appropriately.
● Effectively teaches social skills and household management skills.
● Demonstrates basic knowledge of behavioral health symptoms, interventions, and impact.
● Maintains professional boundaries and operates within agency / ethical guidelines.
● Knowledge of agency and community resources and referral processes.
Job Duties/Skills Required
● Models recovery-oriented thinking and behavior.
● Assist peers in skill building, goal setting, problem solving, conducting Recovery Dialogues.
● Adheres to the Certified Peer Support Specialists Code of Ethics.
● Complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and keeps all information confidential.
● Maintains a caseload of clients in need of specific social services. Conducts themselves with a manner of professionalism that is conducive to recovery from mental illness and overall wellness.
● Provides supportive services for clients and arranges for the provision of services from community resources based on the case plan.
● Participates in setting case plan goals/objectives. Completes case plans with clients.
● Interviews clients, families, etc. and completes assessments and other clinical documentation.
● Completes case logs on all client services and ensures that logs are entered into the electronic data management system of the program they are employed by.
● Performs regular case maintenance activities including documenting actions, making narrative entries, preparing necessary reports and/or social summaries, etc.
● Consults with facility personnel and administrative field personnel; collects and analyzes data to identify needs for the assigned special services program within the particular service area.
● Ascertains resources outside of Start when necessary to meet client’s specific needs.
● Maintains a clear driving record in order to be able to drive company vehicles to provide
transportation to clients.
● Attends weekly and/or monthly staff meetings.
Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off, 14 paid holidays per year for regular full time staff, 401(k), and 401(k) matching.
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people to empower them to live and function independently.