LPN (ACT Team)
We are looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our Assertive Community Treatment team.
● License to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Louisiana
● Be over 18 years of age.
● Possess a valid driver’s license
● Current CPR certification
● Prior experience preferred
● Participates on a multidisciplinary team by providing primary and/or behavioral health care to
clients according to the scope of licensure.
● Administers and monitors medications according to prescriber’s orders . Identifies and reports any
concerns related to medication adherence, misuse, and/or adverse reactions.
● Promotes recovery, independence, and personal choice for participants.
● Assists clients in identifying strengths, needs, and realistic goals to develop a treatment plan.
● Demonstrates advanced knowledge of primary and behavioral health symptoms, diagnoses,
interventions, and impact.
● Maintains professional boundaries and operates within agency / ethical guidelines.
● Accurately identifies risk and responds appropriately, and provides consultation to peers regarding
high-risk situations and appropriate interventions.
● Communicates respectfully and effectively and establishes professional relationships through active
listening and demonstration of empathy and positive regard.
● Knowledge of agency and community resources and referral processes.
Job Duties/Skills Required
● Provide nursing care within scope of practice that is patient centered and individualized and utilizes the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating.
● Participate in setting treatment plan goals/objectives.
● Communicate effectively with clinic staff, patients, and families.
● Maintain a clear driving record in order to be able to drive company vehicles when necessary.
● Attends all staff meetings as scheduled.
● May assist with clinical consultation, clinical review, or auditing of clinical records.
● Provides direct clinical services using approved interventions and completing necessary
documentation to receive payment from insurance companies, Medicaid, Medicare, etc.
● Coordinates medical treatment with a Registered Nurse and Psychiatrist.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance, Vision insurance, Dental insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, 14 Paid Holidays per year for regular full time staff, Disability insurance, 401(k), 401(k) matching
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people to empower them to live and function independently.