Community Support Specialist (Home At Last)
We are hiring a Community Support Specialist who is passionate about helping people who have experienced chronic homelessness. The CSS provides home and community-based services to individuals living with a chronic mental illness who are in need of housing and supportive services. Familiarity with the struggle of persons coping with dual diagnosis, use of harm reduction methods, and cognitive behavioral techniques preferred.
PLPC or LMSW required.
6 years of relevant experience in social services
Be over 18 years of age.
Possess a valid driver’s license
Personal experience of being homeless preferred
● Communicates respectfully and effectively and establishes professional relationships through active
listening and demonstration of empathy and positive regard.
● Promotes recovery, independence, and personal choice for participants.
● Assists clients in identifying strengths, needs, and realistic goals to develop a service plan.
● Accurately identifies risk and responds appropriately.
● Effectively teaches social skills and household management skills.
● Demonstrates knowledge of behavioral health symptoms, interventions, and impact.
● Maintains professional boundaries and operates within agency / ethical guidelines.
● Knowledge of agency and community resources and referral processes.
Job Duties/Skills Required
Maintains a caseload of clients with specialized needs, higher complexity, or that require specific services and/or consideration due to program requirements.
Provides supportive services for clients and arranges for the provision of services from community resources based on the case plan
Participates in setting case plan goals/objectives. Completes case plans with clients.
Completes service notes within required timeframes and using approved format within electronic health records required by the program
Provides and submits at least 25 hours (100 units) of reimbursable services per week
Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance, Vision insurance, Dental insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, 14 Paid Holidays per year for regular full time staff, Disability insurance, 401(k), 401(k) matching
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people to empower them to live and function independently.