HR Generalist 1
We are looking for an HR Generalist for the Greater Baton Rouge Region on our HR team.
● High school diploma or GED
● SHRM-CP Preferred
● 4 years of relevant experience OR
● Bachelors of Human Resources
● Prepares, proofreads, and edits correspondence, reports, and other materials.
● Provide support to employees in various HR related topics.
● Assist in development and implementation of HR policies.
● Conducts or acquires background checks and all employee eligibility verifications.
● Facilitate tasks for the onboarding of qualified employees.
● Maintains files and reference manuals/materials; ensures confidentiality / security of information.
● Monitors and ensures that HR practices are maintained uniformly throughout the agency.
● Completes or assists with payroll preparation, travel reports, supply requisitions, etc.
● Organizes and maintains files and records and compiles reports as needed.
● Types or enters data requiring knowledge of special terminology.
● Maintains up to date and accurate data in all required data systems and employee files.
● Maintains files on all employees according to company and licensing requirements.
● Assists in monitoring required staff training and documentation in Human Resource files.
● Ensure that personnel files are complete, accurate, and up to date.
● Completes provider credentialing and re-credentialing applications; monitors applications and
follows-up as needed.
● Administer compensation and benefit plans.
● Maintains copies of current state licenses, DEA certificates, malpractice coverage and any other
required credentialing documents for all providers.
● Maintains knowledge of current health plan and agency requirements for credentialing providers.
● Sets up and maintains provider information in online credentialing databases and systems.
● Audits files and health plan directories for current and accurate provider information.
● Provides credentialing and privileging verifications.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Duties/Skills Required
● Communicates respectfully and effectively and establishes professional relationships through active
listening and demonstration of empathy and positive regard.
● Promotes recovery, independence, and personal choice for participants.
● Demonstrates knowledge of behavioral health symptoms, coping skills, and treatment approaches
● Effectively oversees/manages office operations, organization, and supplies for a large sized office
and staff for multiple programs.
● Effectively manages Human Resources functions for the agency / region.
● Knowledge of agency and community resources and how to access.
● Maintains confidentiality of provider information.
● Knowledge and understanding of the credentialing process.
● Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage multiple priorities.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills including, letters, memos and emails.
● Excellent attention to detail.
● Work with the billing company to assure eligibility and benefits verification for services
Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance, Vision insurance, Dental insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, 14 Paid Holidays per year for regular full time staff, Disability insurance, 401(k), 401(k) matching
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people to empower them to live and function independently.