Licensed Clinician (FQHC)
The Mandeville clinic is looking for a full time or part time licensed clinician to provide counseling.
● Master or Doctorate Degree in social service field
● Advanced clinical license for independent practice (LCSW or LPC) in good standing
● No restrictions or adverse actions that would disqualify for Medicaid or other billing
● Be over 18 years of age
● Possess a valid driver’s license or Louisiana State ID
● Communicates respectfully and effectively and establishes professional relationships through active listening and demonstration of empathy and positive regard.
● Promotes recovery, independence, and personal choice for participants.
● Assists clients in identifying strengths, needs, and realistic goals to develop a service plan.
● Accurately identifies risk and responds appropriately, and provides consultation to peers regarding high-risk situations and appropriate interventions.
● Effectively teaches social skills and household management skills.
● Demonstrates advanced knowledge of behavioral health symptoms, diagnoses, interventions, and impact.
● Maintains professional boundaries and operates within agency / ethical guidelines.
● Knowledge of agency and community resources and referral processes.
Job Duties/Skills Required
● Maintains a caseload of clients in need of specific social services. Conducts themselves with a manner of professionalism that is conducive to recovery from mental illness and overall wellness.
● Provides supportive services for clients and arranges for the provision of services from community resources based on the case plan.
● Participates in setting case plan goals/objectives. Completes case plans with clients.
● Interviews clients, families, etc. and completes assessments and other clinical documentation.
● Completes case logs on all client services and ensures that logs are entered into the electronic data management system of the program they are employed by.
● Performs regular case maintenance activities including documenting actions, making narrative entries, preparing necessary reports and/or social summaries, etc.
● Consults with facility personnel and administrative field personnel; collects and analyzes data to identify needs for the assigned special services program within the particular service area.
● Ascertains resources outside of Start when necessary to meet client’s specific needs.
● Maintains a clear driving record in order to be able to drive company vehicles to provide transportation to clients.
● Attends weekly and/or monthly staff meetings.
● Assists Team Leader or Director with complex, additional duties, oversight or specific functions, or serving as lead role to other Community Support Specialists.
● May assist with clinical consultation, clinical review, or auditing of clinical records.
● Provides direct clinical services at the advanced, independent practitioner level using approved interventions and completing necessary documentation to receive payment from insurance companies, Medicaid, Medicare, Magellan, etc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off, 14 paid holidays per year for regular full time staff, 401(k), and 401(k) matching.
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people to empower them to live and function independently.