Street Outreach Specialist (Coordinated Entry)
Start Corporation's Coordinated Entry program has a opening for a Street Outreach Specialist to provide community outreach services to the homeless population. The position will require screening, referral, case management and follow up.
High School Diploma or GED. Bachelors degree preferred
At least 1 year experience in community services
Possess a valid driver's license with clean driving record
●Communicates respectfully and effectively and establishes professional relationships through active listening and demonstration of empathy and positive regard.
●Promotes recovery, independence, and personal choice for participants.
●Assists participants in identifying strengths, needs, and realistic goals to develop a treatment plan.
●Accurately identifies risk and responds appropriately.
●Demonstrates knowledge of behavioral health symptoms, interventions, and impact.
●Maintains professional boundaries and operates within agency / ethical guidelines.
●Knowledge of agency and community resources and referral processes.
Job Duties/Skills Required
●Maintains a case load of clients in need of specific social services. Conducts themselves with a
manner of professionalism that is conducive to recovery from mental illness and overall wellness.
● Provides supportive services for clients and arranges for the provision of services from community
resources based on the case plan.
● Participates in setting case plan goals/objectives. Completes case plans with clients.
● Interviews clients, families, etc. and completes assessments and other clinical documentation.
● Completes case logs on all client services and ensures that logs are entered into the electronic data
management system of the program they are employed by.
● Performs regular case maintenance activities including documenting actions, making narrative
entries, preparing necessary reports and/or social summaries, etc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance, Vision insurance, Dental insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, 14 Paid Holidays per year for regular full time staff, Disability insurance, 401(k), 401(k) matching
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people to empower them to live and function independently.