Community Support Specialist (PSH)
If you share in Start's mission to promote opportunities which enhance the self-sufficiency of people to empower them to live and function independently, this position will offer you the unique opportunity to work directly with individuals and family to address their mental health and housing concerns. Start is an excellent place to grow professionally while doing some innovative work.
Bachelors or Masters Level, degree must be in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Rehabilitation Services, Special Education, Early Childhood Education, Secondary Education, Family and Consumer Sciences, Criminal Justice or Human Growth and Development.
Three different level positions available: Bachelors, Masters, Provisional License/Licensed. (LPC, LCSW, CSW, LMSW, PLPC, PLMFT, LMFT)
The salary advancement track is as follows:
$40,000 - Bachelor's Level
$45,000 - Master's Level
Be over 18 years of age.
Possess a valid driver’s license
Communicates respectfully and effectively and establishes professional relationships through active listening and demonstration of empathy and positive regard.
Promotes recovery, independence, and personal choice for participants.
Assists clients in identifying strengths, needs, and realistic goals to develop a service plan.
Accurately identifies risk and responds appropriately.
Effectively teaches social skills and household management skills.
Demonstrates knowledge of behavioral health symptoms, interventions, and impact.
Maintains professional boundaries and operates within agency / ethical guidelines.
Knowledge of agency and community resources and referral processes.
Job Duties/Skills Required
● Provides home and community based supportive services for clients and arranges for the provision of services from community resources based on the case plan.
● Incorporates skill building and supportive interventions to restore and rehabilitate social and interpersonal skills and daily living skills.
● Completes all required documentation and forms for clients on caseload.
● Ascertains resources outside of Start when necessary to meet client’s specific needs.
● Maintains a clear driving record in order to be able to drive company vehicles to provide transportation to clients.
● Attends weekly and/or monthly staff meetings.
● Provides and submits at least 25 hours (100 units) of reimbursable services per week.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance, Vision insurance, Dental insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, 14 Paid Holidays per year for regular full time staff, Disability insurance, 401(k), 401(k) matching
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people to empower them to live and function independently.