Administrative Assistants assist with the day-to-day operations of an office by doing tasks such as filing paperwork, answering phone calls, preparing documents for meetings and data entry.
High school diploma or GED
● Communicates respectfully and effectively and establishes professional relationships through active listening and demonstration of empathy and positive regard.
● Promotes recovery, independence, and personal choice for participants.
● Promptly and accurately performs clerical duties, data entry, typing, and filing.
Job Duties/Skills Required
● Screens telephone calls and visitors as directed; may refer calls to appropriate staff.
● Maintains a telephone log of all homeless calls taken.
● Welcomes and is courteous to all persons entering the office.
● Prepares, proofreads, and edits correspondence, reports, and other materials.
● Maintains files and reference manuals/materials; ensures confidentiality / security of information.
● Obtains required documentation for files and charts; makes copies as needed.
● Scans records for electronic archival following protocol. ● Maintains supervisor’s calendar, as instructed, making appointments and arranging meeting rooms, and materials.
● Sorts and distributes mail.
● Maintains organization and security of file room.
● Ensures that essential office supplies are stocked and that supply area is organized.
● Organizes and maintains files and records and compiles reports as needed.
● Types or enters data regarding a wide variety of correspondence, reports, tables, records, case histories, hearings, etc. from rough draft, dictation, or instructions.
● Attends meetings and transcribes minutes.
● Proofreads, edits, and revises documents for accuracy, spelling, grammar, and format.
● Maintains up to date and accurate data in all required data systems.
● Ensures that personnel files are complete, accurate, and up to date.
● Coordinates/schedules appointments and reminder notifications.
● Ensures proper coverage of duties by notifying supervisors/staff of breaks, leave, and schedule changes.
Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off, 14 paid holidays per year for regular full time staff, 401(k), and 401(k) matching.
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people to empower them to live and function independently.