Registered Nurse (ACT Team)
Field work - in home -Assessing, observing, and speaking to clients/families/support systems. Recording details and symptoms of client's medical history, medications and current health. Preparing clients for exams and treatment. Assisting practitioner with monthly visits. Administering medications and treatments, then monitoring clients for side effects and reactions.
● License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Louisiana
● Be over 18 years of age.
● Possess a valid driver’s license
● Prior experience preferred
● Administer and monitor medications to clients in their homes and communities.
● Communicates respectfully and effectively and establishes professional relationships through active
listening and demonstration of empathy and positive regard.
● Promotes recovery, independence, and personal choice for participants.
● Assists clients in identifying strengths, needs, and realistic goals to develop a treatment plan.
● Accurately identifies risk and responds appropriately, and provides consultation to peers regarding
high-risk situations and appropriate interventions.
● Demonstrates advanced knowledge of primary and behavioral health symptoms, diagnoses,
interventions, and impact.
● Maintains professional boundaries and operates within agency / ethical guidelines.
● Knowledge of agency and community resources and referral processes.
Job Duties/Skills Required
● Participates as part of a multidisciplinary team providing services for primary and behavioral health
care to clients according to the scope of licensure.
● Conducts themselves with a manner of professionalism that is conducive to patient care in an
organized and efficient manner.
● Provide nursing care within scope of practice that is patient centered and individualized and utilizes
the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating.
● Draw and obtain laboratory specimens for appropriate testing.
● Administers medications, injections, and starts and maintains IV’s on patients.
● Conducts a wide range of healthcare screenings / assessments.
● Provides supervision and consultation to LPN’s, Nurse’s Aides, and medical assistants.
● Participates in setting treatment plan goals/objectives.
● Interviews clients, families, etc. and completes assessments and other clinical documentation.
● Communicate effectively with clinic staff, patients, and families.
● Enters information into an Electronic Health Record on all client services in a timely manner.
● Consults with facility personnel and administrative field personnel; collects and analyzes data to
identify needs for the assigned special services program within the particular service area.
● Ascertains resources outside of Start when necessary to meet client’s specific needs.
● Maintains a clear driving record in order to be able to drive company vehicles when necessary.
● Attends daily staff meetings and supervision.
● May assist with clinical consultation, clinical review, or auditing of clinical records.
● Provides direct clinical services using approved interventions.
● Assists ACT team and ACT Coordinator with additional duties, oversight or specific functions, or
serving as lead role to other team members when needed.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance, Vision insurance, Dental insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, 14 Paid Holidays per year for regular full time staff, Disability insurance, 401(k), 401(k) matching
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people who are impaired in their abilities to live and function independently.