Security Guard (FQHC)
We are looking for a security guard for our Covington Community Health Center. This position is for during business hours Monday-Friday.
Security and Safety experience in the Military, Police Force, or Private Sector.
● Communicates respectfully and effectively with peers, staff, and visitors
● Demonstrates respect to individuals, promotes recovery, and personal choice.
● Demonstrates willingness to assist and courtesy in welcoming visitors and performing duties. ● Promptly communicates any concerns to supervisor or staff.
Job Duties/Skills Required
● Maintains a safe and secure environment by patrolling the location and being a visible sign of authority.
● Provides verbal de-escalation / non-violent intervention for clients or staff in the event of an outburst.
● Provides basic non-violent intervention training to staff as requested.
● Provide physical restraint in the event of a PEC ruling by a doctor and ensuring the safety ofeveryone in the event of resistance.
● Obtains witness statements and signatures in the event of an incident.
● Observes events through any CCTV or other technological devices available as needed.
● Obtains help by sounding alarms and contacting proper authorities when required.
● Ensures all entrances and exits are secured at the end of day.
● Ensures all controlled substances are properly secured when not in use.
● Maintains clear avenues of egress (36” clear pathway) in all regularly used rooms and hallways andunblocks any blocked fire extinguishers.
● Inspects building monthly for damages that may be dangerous and advises site supervisor ofpotential hazards.
● Maintains organizations reputation by complying with all legal requirements in regards to safetyand security.
● Liaises with local law enforcement, fire departments, and other safety departments as needed.
● Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off, 14 paid holidays per year for regular full time staff, 401(k), and 401(k) matching.
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people to empower them to live and function independently.