Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) FQHC
We are looking for a LPN to join our community health center in New Orleans. Duties revolve around working directly with a Provider to deliver exceptional patient care. Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm, great benefits!
License to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Louisiana
Over 18 years old
Possess a valid driver’s license
Current CPR certification
Prior experience preferred but not required
• Knowledge and ability to perform tasks within the scope of practice of a Licensed Practical Nurse.
• Ability to multitask, managing clinical tasks, monitoring provider schedules, and building rapport with patients.
• Function as a professional in a clinic setting.
• Ability and desire to work as a team player assisting colleagues with tasks when asked or unprompted.
• Actively assess and identify risk and respond appropriately, consulting with provider(s) and supervisor in a timely manner.
• Complete and maintain timely and accurate documentation in EHR and otherwise, following clinic protocol.
• Learn and understand agency and community resources and referral processes.
Job Duties/Skills Required
• Act as a core team member of a multidisciplinary team by providing primary and behavioral health care to patients according to scope of licensure.
• Triage patients for providers in a mindful manner, following clinic protocol to record accurate documentation in EHR.
• Administer and monitor medications according to prescriber’s orders. Identify and report and concerns regarding medication adherence, misuse, and/or adverse reactions immediately.
• Administer and monitor medical testing and procedures as ordered by providers and document accurately in EHR.
• Send, track, and monitor referrals for providers to ensure patient’s specialty care needs are being met.
• Draw and obtain laboratory specimens for appropriate testing as needed.
• Jointly with other medical staff, maintain medical supplies inventory logs and inform supervisor when supplies are needed.
• Complete rapid testing training through Louisiana State Department of Health and administer rapid testing in clinic with appropriate documentation.
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of primary care and behavioral health symptoms, diagnoses, interventions, and impacts. Willingness to learn more about primary care and behavioral health if knowledge is lacking.
• Communicate effectively with clinic staff, patients, families, and other medical professionals.
• Maintain professional boundaries and operate within agency and ethical guidelines.
• Communicate respectfully and effectively with clinic staff and patients. The use of empathy, positive regard, and a non-judgmental approach is key in clinic interactions.
• Assist providers and/or clinic staff with other tasks as requested.
Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off, 14 paid holidays per year for regular full time staff, 401(k), and 401(k) matching.
About Start Corporation
Start Corporation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984. Our Mission is to promote opportunities, which enhance the self-sufficiency of people to empower them to live and function independently.